Movable Type 3.12 has just been released in the US. This version fixes up and ties down tons of little issues that were affecting some users in 3.11. See below for an overview of the most significant changes. If you already purchased Movable Type, you'll find the new release when you log into your Movable Type account
. If you haven't yet tried this ground-breaking publishing platform, now is a good time to Get Movable Type
I hope this release improves your publishing experience!
* Fixed a bug that caused spurious errors when running under mod_perl ("The uploaded file was too large.")
* Fixed various compatibility issues with old perl versions (before 5.6.0)
* Scheduled posting would only post one of many new entries on an archive page
* Rebuild times have been significantly improved.
* Dynamic pages are easier to configure: Movable Type creates .htaccess file for webserver configuration
* Support for binary columns in PostgreSQL (enables some plugins that previously didn't work with PostgreSQL).
A full changelog can be found in the release documentation
: we've revved up to 3.121. This update fixes a problem where the entry dates were built improperly on new installations (not
on upgrading installations). If you already downloaded 3.12, you don't need this update: just go into Weblog Config and pick a "Language for Date Display." Users installing 3.121 won't need to do this.