There's been a lot of discussion about "Enterprise 2.0", with debates
over the idea of bringing Web 2.0 technologies to enterprise-scale
businesses. Enough talk. It's time to get down to business. Today,
we're making the Movable Type Enterprise Solution
available to get your
company communicating more effectively. Because your employees deserve to have a communications tool that's as powerful as the blogging and social media sites they use at home.
Movable Type 4.0 has seen an incredible reception in just its first few
weeks -- bloggers have told us they love the new user interface, the
powerful asset management, and the smart new templating features. And Movable Type Enterprise Solution
is a new layer of capabilities that layer on top of MT4 to give you bulletproof blogs that are easy to manage.
Building on the all-new core platform, we've incorporated the
capabilities that made Movable Type Enterprise the best enterprise blogging and social media platform on the planet:
Directory Services Integration, with support for Active Directory,OpenLDAP, iPlanet, and most other common LDAP servers.
- Enterprise Database Support, offering robust integration with Oracle 10g and Microsoft SQL Server, on top of MT's core support for MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Customizable User Administration, which lets you manage users in the system with powerful predefined roles and groups that are infinitely customizable.
- Automatic Blog Provisioning, to give each of your users a blog with your custom templates and settings, the first time they log into the system.
- Powerful Reporting and Management, offering administrative tools that let you manage entries, comments, and settings for thousands of blogs all on one screen, with customized status reports that you can export as XML feeds or in Excel format.
- Unrivaled Platform Support, which works with the web servers and middleware you have now, and offers centralized web-based deployment with no client software installation required. And professionally-translated multi-language support is built right in.
- Serious Enterprise Support, direct from the company that invented professional-grade blogging. A dedicated account representative. Priority help ticket support. An exclusive guide to the fundamentals of business blogging. And an unmatched community of professional peers to help you succeed.
But just as importantly, all these enterprise-scale features are built into a tool that people actually want to use
. Take a look at the Enterprise CMS or Knowledge Management systems that have failed you in the past -- they were all far too difficult to use. But with Movable Type, you can give your coworkers a tool that's so satisfying they'll want
to use it, and so reliable, scalable, and manageable, you don't need to worry about making it fit in with your existing technologies. That means you're free to use the best features of Web 2.0 to help your company communicate
- Support cutting-edge identity standards like OpenID, backed by the company that invented it.
- All the Web 2.0 power you'd expect: tagging, built-in feeds, robust industry-standard APIs for content input and output, and intelligent archiving including support for widgets.
- Full-blown content management that's as easy as blogging, including standalone pages and rich media content.
- Automatically store and organize files in the integrated asset manager, including audio, videos, images, and all common document formats, including PDF and Microsoft Word.
- Create and manage content on mobile devices, including the iPhone and other mobile clients.
You don't have to take our word for it. We've got the case studies
to prove it. And a list of world-class Enterprise-scale customers
to back it up. The truth is, there's been a lot of speculation about how Enterprises are going to start using Web 2.0 technologies. Now there's a clear answer, from a vendor that's been trusted for more than half a decade in social media, with a proven track record of supporting successful companies, and deep integration with the platforms that power your business today.
We're Six Apart, and we pioneered Enterprise blogging because we know that Movable Type will help you build your business. The Movable Type Enterprise Solution is a safe, manageable platform that gives you all the potential of the social web with rock-solid enterprise credentials. Now, get started
: Check out our Six Apart Guide to Business Blogging
. Take a look at who's using Movable Type
. And then drop us a line
-- we'll help you find the right solution for your enterprise, or give you a hand in making the case to your boss.