Movable Type 4.01: Get Updated
Movable Type 4.01 is a strongly recommended free update for all Movable Type 4 users, with significant performance improvements. One of our goals with the MT4 launch has been to make it as clear as possible when updates area available, what considerations you should take into account when updating your system, and to simplify the process of staying current. To make that easier, here's the Update Advisor, a simple scorecard to let you evaluate this new release.
Movable Type Update Advisor: Version 4.01
- Release Type: Bug Fix Release, with one XSS security vulnerability resolved which could affect some users. This vulnerability has not yet been exploited in the wild.
- Mandatory? Strongly Recommended for all MT4.0 users, particularly those affected by the addressed issues, but not mandatory.
- Performance Implications: Expect performance increase. Many critical performance improvements over MT 4.0. Users should expect to see a performance increase in both the application and in publishing.
- Plugins Affected: None that we are aware of -- all MT4.0 plugins should work in MT 4.01. However, this is a release that addresses some issues with the Movable Type plugin API, so some plugins may be updated for this release.
- Templates Affected: No changes in your templates are required. The default search results template was modified slightly to be compliant with W3C standards.
- System Requirements: This release has no new or additional system requirements.
- Licensing considerations: None. MT 4.01 is a free update for users of any version of MT 4.0
- Upgrade Fatigue: No planned updates are scheduled until the next feature release of MT4. This will only change if significant security issues are found which require a 4.0x release.
Downloads are available in your account for current customers or through the download page.
As stated above, this is a free release for all users of MT4, and most testers have reported noticeable speed improvements on the new version. MT 4.01 underwent an extensive beta test, including review by many plugin developers responsible for some of the most popular MT4 plugins. (Yes, even a .01 release underwent weeks of beta testing.)
MT4 represents a remarkable reinvention of the Movable Type platform, and some more cautious members of the community have (understandably!) been waiting to make sure that we're addressed all of the kinks or little bugs that inevitably arise during such sweeping changes. So, with the release of MT 4.01 and the Movable Type Enterprise Solution, it's safer than ever to get started -- you can be confident that now's time to make to move to MT4, whether as an upgrade, initial deployment, platform test, or conversion.
Our sincere thanks go out to all the members of the Movable Type community. It's thanks to all of you that we've been able to make such significant improvements to the core platform, as well as all of the related resources such as the vast array of new plugins and extensive new documentation. You can find out all the details on the Movable Type community site, and then get started with MT 4.01.
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Movable Type 4.01: Get Updated.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
æ£å‡†å¤‡ä¼‘æ¯å‘¢ï¼Œçœ‹åˆ°äº†è¿™ä¸ªæ¶ˆæ¯ã€‚ MovableType 4.01æ£å¼å‘å¸ƒäº†ï¼Œè¿™ä¸ªç‰ˆæœ¬æ˜¯å®˜æ–¹2å¼ºåŠ›æŽ¨èæ‰€æœ‰çš„MT4.0ç”¨æˆ·éƒ½å‡çº§çš„ã€‚ åœ¨å®ƒæ‰€ç½—åˆ—çš„å‡çº§æŒ‡å¼•ä¸ï¼Œæˆ‘è®¤ä¸ºæœ€é‡è¦çš„ä¸¤ç‚¹æ˜¯ï¼š 1ï¼‰ä¿®è¡¥äº†XSS securityå®‰å…¨æ¼æ´žï¼› 2ï¼‰å¾ˆå¤§ç¨‹åº¦ä¸Šæ”¹å–„äº†æ€§èƒ½ã€‚ å…¶ä»–æ–¹é¢åŒMT4.0æ²¡æœ‰ä»€ä¹ˆå˜åŒ–ã€‚ å½“ç„¶ç›®å‰æœ¬ç«™çš„MT4.0ç”¨çš„å¥½å¥½çš„ï¼Œæ²¡æœ‰é—®é¢˜ã€‚å¯æ˜¯æ—¢ç„¶å¼ºåŠ›æŽ¨èå‡çº§ï¼Œé‚£ä¹ˆæ˜Žå¤©æŠ½ç©ºå°±upgradeã€‚ å‡çº§æ˜¯å…è´¹çš„ã€‚æœ‰è¶£çš„æ˜¯ï¼ŒçŽ°åœ¨å¤ªå¹³æ´‹æ—¶é—´1ç‚¹15åˆ†çš„æ—¶å€™ï¼Œè¿˜æ— æ³•ä¸‹è½½è¿™ä¸ªæ£å¼å‡çº§ç‰ˆï¼Œä¹Ÿè®¸ç½‘ç»œé—®é¢˜ï¼Œä¹Ÿè®¸è¿˜æ²¡æœ‰å‡†å¤‡å¥½ï¼Œ... Read More
Sixapart release the MovableType to MT4.01 yesterday. The release Advisor as below: * Release Type: Bug Fix Release, with one XSS security vulnerability resolved which could affect some users. This vulnerability has not yet been exploited in the wild. ... Read More
Ð’Ñ‡ÐµÑ€Ð° Ð²Ñ‹ÑˆÐ»Ð¾ Ð¾Ð±Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð»ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ðµ Movable Type, ÑÐ²ÑÐ·Ð°Ð½Ð½Ð¾Ðµ Ñ Ð±ÐµÐ·Ð¾Ð¿Ð°ÑÐ½Ð¾ÑÑ‚ÑŒÑŽ ÑÐ¸ÑÑ‚ÐµÐ¼Ñ‹. Ð’ Ð¾Ñ„Ð¸Ñ†Ð¸Ð°Ð»ÑŒÐ½Ð¾Ð¼ Ð±Ð»Ð¾Ð³Ðµ Ð½Ð°Ð·Ñ‹Ð²Ð°ÑŽÑ‚ ÑÑ‚Ð¾ Ð¾Ð±Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð»ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ðµ Ð¾Ð±ÑÐ·Ð°Ñ‚ÐµÐ»ÑŒÐ½Ñ‹Ð¼, Ñ‚Ð°Ðº Ñ‡Ñ‚Ð¾ Ð²ÑÐµÐ¼ ÑÑ€Ð¾Ñ‡Ð½Ð¾ Ð¾Ð±Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð»ÑÑ‚ÑŒÑÑ. Ð”Ð»Ñ ÑÐ¿Ñ€Ð°Ð²ÐºÐ¸: ÐžÐ±Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð»ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ðµ Ð½Ðµ ÑÐ¾Ð´ÐµÑ€Ð¶Ð¸Ñ‚ ÐºÐ°ÐºÐ¸Ñ…-Ñ‚Ð¾ Ð¸Ð·Ð¼ÐµÐ½ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ð¹, ÐºÑ€Ð¾Ð¼Ðµ ÑƒÑÑ‚Ñ€Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ðµ Ð²Ð¾Ð·Ð¼Ð¾Ð¶Ð½Ð¾Ð¹ ÑƒÐ³Ñ€Ð¾Ð·Ñ‹ Ð±... Read More