Today we announce the release of Movable Type 4.23. This
security release is recommended for all users (see update advisor below), and fixes a number of bugs in 4.21. Review the change log
for full details on all changes in this new version.
Movable Type Update Advisor: Version 4.23
- Release Type: Security Release. This update fixes a potential vulnerability which has not yet been exploited in the wild.
- Mandatory? Yes, this is a mandatory security upgrade.
- Performance Implications: None.
- Plugins Affected: None. Your current plugins should continue to work as expected.
- Templates Affected: An update to the profile view template is required
for those customers who use the community template sets and user
- System Requirements: This release has no new or additional system requirements.
- Licensing considerations: None. MT 4.23 is a free update for users of any version of MT 4.x.
- Upgrade Fatigue: No further mandatory updates are planned for Movable Type in 2008.
Downloads are available in your account for current customers or through the download page.
[Editor's Note: There was no Movable Type 4.22. It's a long story. But you didn't miss anything, don't worry!]