Movable Type Features Overview
Powerful enough for building websites, blogs, and communities on a single platform
It's easier than ever to publish and share information with Movable Type. Movable Type makes it simple to manage entire websites, start new blogs, and build an engaged community of readers and customers.
What's New in Movable Type 5?
A single, unified solution for building websites and blogs
- Start with a website that's easy to build, design and customize.
- Just add blogs.
- Build multiple websites and blogs with just one install of Movable Type.
- Revision history tracks changes for entries, pages and templates.
- New user dashboard helps manage blogs and websites.
- New custom fields help organize data.
New Theme Mechanism
- Apply a new theme and proliferate changes throughout your site with a single click.
- Install themes just like plugins.
Go Pro: Movable Type Pro
Movable Type Pro is the all-in-one solution that enables you to build a website with blogs and a social community.
Build Custom Websites and Blogs
- Create the site you want. Build interactive websites and blogs with Movable Type's integrated suite of social networking, blogging and content management features.
- Manage all of your sites and assets from a single dashboard. Input content, view activity, and manage media assets from one place.
- Grow, flourish and prosper. Movable Type is the most flexible and scalable solution for accommodating high-traffic loads and large communities of readers.
Use Movable Type as Your CMS
- Manage your content with ease. Use custom fields for Entry, Page, Category, Folder, User, Website, Blog, Comment, Template and Asset to tailor your data to your needs
- Ease workflow with Revision History. Easily view and track changes with Movable Type's revision history feature.
- Manage your websites from a single dashboard. The Movable Type asset manager makes it easy to upload media assets of all types - images, video, audio and more.
Build a Community Around Your Site
- Enable your readers to interact with each other. Build a professional-grade community, with user profiles, ratings, community blogs, forums, and more.
- Turn your readers into members. Member Profiles enable readers to create their own profiles so that they can connect with each other.
Movable Type 5 Advanced
Movable Type 5 Advanced offers all the features and functionality of Movable Type Pro, with a few additional enterprise-specific solutions:
- Enterprise-level Support. Premium technical support for enterprise-level needs.
- LDAP Directory Support. Connect Movable Type to a variety of LDAP-compliant directory servers such as Active Directory, OpenLDAP, iPlanet and more.
- Group Management. Combine MT role management with LDAP to easily administer and maintain blogs across an organization.
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases. Support for Oracle 10g or later and Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Oracle Database 10g
Why Choose the Movable Type Platform?
- Movable Type is an all-in-one solution. Create websites, add blogs, manage content, and build a social community - all in one package.
- Movable Type is scalable. As your site grows and becomes more successful, the platform scales to accommodate your fluctuating traffic needs.
- Movable Type is proven. For more than eight years, Movable Type has been on the forefront of blogging innovation, and powers some of the largest and most influential websites and blogs on the web.
- Movable Type is supported. We offer support for businesses, optional support for bloggers, and premium support for enterprise and high-traffic bloggers.